What is the Club for Boys?
The Club for Boys has been in Rapid City since 1963, and it serves all boys, six to 17 years old after school and when school is out during the summertime. Their main goal is to prevent delinquency by providing a place for kids to go where they can have fun things to do with other kids.
Does it cost anything?
The only thing the kids have to pay is a $12 annual fee.
Does Club for Boys offer any programs?
There are five age-based programs:
- Six to seven years old
- Eight to nine years old
- 10 to 12 years old
- 12 to 14 years old
- 15 to 17 years old
All the program activities in the age-based areas are based on the interests and the development of the boys of those ages.
Other programs include:
- Guidance programs
- Job programs – teaches boys how to get a job, how to keep a job and some work ethics
- Nutrition programs
What can boys do at the Club for Boys?
There is a Social Rec area or games room for all boys of all ages, and it’s open all day long, from open to close.
There are games like:
- Ping pong
- Speed hockey
Contests and tournaments take place all the time for boys to get involved.
Can boys eat there?
The Club for Boys does have a cafeteria that provides breakfast, lunch, snacks every day after school and supper at night.
What else is offered?
- Teen Center – for boys from middle and high school have a place their own to go where they can learn more skills for life, like cooking or balancing a checkbook.
- School of Rock – they can learn to be a DJ
- BOB (Brothers Of Barbecue) – they go out and learn how to grill and barbecue.
- Two gyms, plus an outdoor sports court for kids that are athletic and want to get involved and things like that.
- An outdoor program – for those want to be outdoors, like hiking, biking, panning for gold, how to fish, how to shoot archery and marksmanship with .22 rifles
For more information on the Club for Boys, click here.