Did you know that Deadwood is home to a world-famous chicken?
Bellina the House Chicken is a domestic bird who serves as an ambassador of education and joy across the world.
Here’s a list of five things you probably didn’t know about Bellina the House Chicken:
- Bellina is a Transylvanian Naked Neck hen – sometimes referred to as a turkey or just “naked neck,” Transylvanian Naked Necks are a particularly ugly breed of chicken known for having less than 50% of the feathers of a normal bird.
- She is litter box trained – Bellina lives in a house with cats and dogs, and she’s just as domestic as her house-pet siblings!
- She has her own Facebook page.
- She uses her platform to educate children around the world about the different places and cultures she experiences in her travels.
- Bellina would love to come to your event! From parties to classes to nursing home visits, Bellina is happy to visit wherever you need a little bit more joy.
For more information about Bellina the House Chicken, visit her Facebook page here.