Mashed Butternut Squash
- 1 Large Butternut, washed split lengthwise, seeds removed
- ¼ Cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream, heated
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (seeds removed), finely chopped
- ¼ Cup minced sweet red pepper
Lay squash, meat side up on a baking pan, coat with maple syrup and melted butter, season with salt and pepper.
Bake in a 350° oven, basting occasionally with butter until soft, approximately 40 minutes.
Scoop out squash meat into a mixing bowl, add heated cream and any remaining butter and syrup.
Blend or mash together with a fork, mix in remaining ingredients.
Makes 6 servings