RAPID CITY, S.D. — Rapid City Area Schools families will have the option to pursue distance learning for the spring semester beginning on Jan. 26, 2021, but must apply on Skyward Family Access before 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 13, 2020. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Interested families should be prepared to:
- have a parent/guardian be an active participant in the child’s digital education experience.
- have students complete state summative assessments during the spring of 2021 as is required. (Parents/guardians will be responsible for transporting their child to and from the designated Rapid City School District assessment proctoring site during the semester.)
- commitment to the full semester of Distance Learning as required.
Applicants can be assured:
- that Rapid City School District certified staff will connect with students and families, respond to questions, provide feedback, assess learning, and provide reports of progress.
- that RCAS certified staff will be available during posted office hours.
- that Students enrolled in Distance Learning will be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities.
RCAS would like to remind interested families that by submitting an application, they must agree to support the child to fulfill the guidelines and expectations of the Distance Learning program.
Additional questions should be directed to the child’s individual school.